History Petroleum Industry starts from the early eighteen century to present day. Oil as the world’s one of the most important commodities is not only a economical necessity for countries but also has become a international political weapon in the current global political scene.
Major events in Early Petroleum Industry
- 1811 July 13 : Birth of James Young; a Scottish chemist best known for his method of distilling paraffin from coal and oil shales.
- 1813 July 19 : Birth of Samuel Kier. He was born in Conemaugh Township, Indiana County, Pennsylvania near the town of Livermore. He was the son of Thomas Kier and Mary Martin Kier. The Kiers were Scots-Irish immigrants who owned several salt wells around Livermore and nearby Saltsburg.
- 1839 July 8, : Birth of John Davison Rockefelle
- 1854: Incorporation of Pennsylvania Rock Oil Company of New York
1859: Pennsylvania oil rush
- 1867: Incorporation of Rockefeller, Andrews & Flagler
- 1870 January 10 : Formation of Standard Oil
- 1886: Burmah Oil founded as Rangoon Oil
- 1908 April 14: Anglo-Persian Oil Company created by Burmah Oil